We Promise. . .To Respect Your Budget.
Our respect for your budget is demonstrated in three important ways: transparency, control, and a low total price.
- Transparency: Gardens of Memory is the only local funeral home that has a General Price List and all packages available on our website.
- Control: At Gardens of Memory, you are in complete control of your budget and will never pay for something you do not want or need. We always make a point of keeping you fully informed of the cost of items you select when making arrangements. In the event you wish to spend more than is immediately available, Gardens of Memory makes a financial partner available that will provide up to $10,000 to families that qualify.
- Lower Total Price: In addition to the funeral or cremation, you will need to budget for merchandise such as a casket or urn, as well as a final resting place such as a grave, niche or mausoleum space.
We Promise…To Help You Honor the Memories
of Your Loved One.
At Gardens of Memory, we believe that a life remembered…lives on. It lives on in the hearts and minds of everyone who cherishes a memory of the deceased.
Our goal is to help you honor your loved one by sharing fond memories and celebrating the story of their life. The loss of a loved one naturally creates a gathering of family and friends. Our services help to keep the focus of the gathering on how your loved one lived, not how they died.
We Promise…To Serve Marion Families As Only a
Family-Owned Company Can Do
Many people are surprised to learn that some Marion funeral homes and cemeteries are no longer family owned. Instead, they are owned by large, publicly traded corporations. They continue to use the family name to create a perception of local ownership.
Gardens of Memory is a true family-owned business. The Shipper family has three generations of funeral home and cemetery experience. David Shipper leads the family business and he is personally involved in all aspects of day to day operations.
At Gardens of Memory, our family is focused on the care of your family. In fact, only 10% of what we do is the deceased. The other 90% involves helping your family navigate a painful loss and begin the process of healing.
We Promise. . .You Will Have 24-Hour Access To Our Team,
7 Days A Week.
A study of families served by us over the past years shows that 65% of loved ones pass away at night or on weekends. That’s why it’s so important for you to have 24-hour access to our team, 7 days a week.
Regardless of when you call our office, your call will be personally answered by a trained funeral service professional. During normal office hours, our staff answers the calls. After hours, we use the support of an answering service exclusively focused on funeral service. Their staff is prepared to handle your call with upmost compassion.
If your loved one has passed, a member of our team will be immediately dispatched to bring them into our care.
We Promise. . .Your Service Can Be As Traditional or
As Personal As You Like.
Many families find significant comfort in a traditional funeral service. Gardens of Memory has always, and will always, be ready to care for families wanting a traditional service.
We also pride ourselves as being the most flexible, creative and innovative funeral home in the Marion area. The following are a few examples of how we have personalized services for families.
- For a young man who loved hunting and fishing, the family brought in his boat, duck blinds, and a lot of his camouflage items. The whole staff dressed in camouflage.
- For a dedicated football fan who passed away, he had his favorite Steelers jersey on, and the whole chapel was filled with his football memorabilia, and all staff wore football jerseys.
- For a lady that loved sewing, quilting, and knitting, many friends and family brought her creations to the service which were carefully displayed and were appreciated by the entire gathering.
- As a special keepsake, all attending the funeral (except the young ones!) were given knitting needles with her photo and a cherished quote that she always shared.
When it comes to personalizing a funeral, as long as it is legal and ethical, we will do everything possible to accommodate your family’s request.
We Promise…To Make Everything as Simple As Possible.
The loss of a loved one can be an overwhelming experience. Whether the loss was expected or unexpected, the impact on the surviving family members can be significant. As a result, even something as common as driving a car can be difficult in the days following the passing.
At Gardens of Memory, we are able to provide families with a uniquely convenient and simple funeral and burial experience. Having our mausoleum chapels available for funeral services and located at the cemetery eliminates the need for a funeral procession through the streets of Marion.
We Promise…To Earn Our 5-Star Reputation
Every Day with Every Family
Gardens of Memory has high marks on Facebook and Google. Families give us great reviews, significantly more than any other funeral home in Marion. Families give us great reviews not because of our lower prices (although we are among the areas lowest) but rather for the value they receive.
Whether you spend $2,000 or $12,000, if the experience does not meet the emotional, spiritual and practical needs of your family…you’ve spent too much.
At Gardens of Memory, we pride ourselves on delivering more value than any other funeral provider in the Marion area.
Value comes from:
- Our expert guidance as you navigate a difficult time
- Our ability to create a beautiful funeral service your family and friends will cherish
- Our willingness to handle all the details so you can relax and experience the love and support of family and friends
- Our convenient location at the cemetery that simplifies the logistics for everyone
- Our selection of only the highest quality products at all price ranges.
Our team works hard every day to earn a 5-star review from every family we serve. Should there ever be a portion of our services that does not meet your expectations simply notify us right away and we will do whatever it takes to correct the shortfall with our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.